More on the De Toqueville society and their “report” on open source security, this time from The Register (via dangerousmeta). A good article, and a good quick read for anyone unfamiliar with open source. (For those of you who converse in English rather than geekish, the term FUD stands for “Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt” and it used to label any oft-repeated but untrue–or at least, highly contestable–factoid: especially a propagandistic one).
Search the Site
Support the Site
We must respect the past, remembering that once it was all that was humanly possible.
— George Santayana
- Where is the Excel Personal Macro Workbook Located? 31.7k views
- The P+J Bass: A History 4.8k views
- Applying Excel Subtotals with VBA 4.1k views
- My Diet, these days… 1.5k views
- Moving Quiver to a new Mac 1.5k views
- The End of the Infinite 1.3k views
- An Interview with Chuck Rainey 1.3k views
- divArt: painting pixels with divs 833 views
- Microsoft Access 2007: Displaying the Current Database Path 750 views
- The mysterious NZ() function in Microsoft Access 733 views