PauseMeNow is a simple static widget for Adobe Captivate developers which allows you to insert an arbitrary pause at any point in a slide. It’s coded in ActionScript 3, which means it will only work in Captivate projects which use the AS3 format. It was developed and tested in Captivate 4. I’ll be testing it in Captivate 5 as soon as I get a copy.
Update (7/22/2010): This post links to an outdated version of the widget. Check the software page for a link to the most recent version.
Update (3/10/2011): I’ve released a new widget called PropertySetter which can be used to pause presentations, in addition to controlling many other Captivate settings.
- Download PauseMeNow_AS3.zip.
- Unzip the archive (in WinXP, right-click → Extract All…)
- Copy PauseMeNow_AS3.swf to Captivate’s Gallery (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 4\Gallery\Widgets)
- Open or create a new project in Captivate. Be sure the ActionScript version is set to AS3. In Captivate 4, you can set the ActionScript version of your project by choosing File → Preferences. Then select Project → Publish Settings in the Category pane.
- Select a slide in Edit View and insert an instance of the PauseMeNow_AS3.swf from the Widget window (Window → Widget).
- Adjust the start time via the widget’s Options → Appear After setting or by adjusting its starting position on the timeline.
- Publish or Preview → Project (F4) to test.